Visit the Club’s official website
Hibiscus Coast Football Club
Women’s First Team & Reserves
Join the squad that’s making waves in female football #Coast
Hibiscus Coast Football Club boasts one of the best elite senior female programmes in Auckland
After an incredibly successful season in 2022, going unbeaten in the league and the cup winning two pieces of silverware and earning promotion into the LOTTO NRFL Women’s Premier League in 2023, Hibiscus Coast Football Club’s Women’s First Team & Reserves are preparing for a new chapter in their journey.
Both the Women’s First Team and Reserves Team are seeking expressions of interest to join the squad for the 2023 season. Submit your interest using the form below.
Register Your Interest for 2023
Check out more photos and videos on the team’s official Instagram
About the Team
Hibiscus Coast Football Club is one of the few Clubs in the wider Auckland region that promotes balance and equality across both its female and male programmes – equal resourcing, equal player agreements, and equal promotion.
Our Women’s First Team and Reserves Team were established in 2018 shortly before our current Head Coach and Head of Women’s Football, Asher Trotter, arrived in 2019 who has since built, grown, and led our programme to great success over the past four years.
We have a growing pipeline of talent underneath the senior level, which is feeding into a strong pipeline of talent to support the future of women’s football in our area. We are very lucky to have some the best coaches, not just in women’s football, but in the country supporting our women’s and girls programmes at the Club.
- Awesome people and great player-first culture.
- High-performance and well-organised environment driven by experienced, qualfied coaches (football, goalkeepers, conditioning, strengthening).
- Supportive beyond the training pitch with coaches and people who foster a safe, open environment for mentorship.
- Starts 2 February 2023.
- Open sessions for first two weeks, all welcome to trial.
- 2-3 sessions per week, 8-week pre-season.
- Pre-register or contact the coach to pencil your name in.
- All trainings are based on the North Shore in either Albany (North Harbour Stadium) or Long Bay (Ashley Reserve).
- 2023’s training schedule will consist of 2x weekly on-grass sessions and 1x fortnightly virtual session.
- Matches played on either Friday evenings or Sunday afternoons.
- Approximately 22-30 matches per season.
- Zero fees for First Team players.
- 50% fees covered for Reserve players (up to 100% for apprentices).
- First Team players reimbursed for transport fuel costs and gym memberships.
- Team apparel and gear supplied.
- Free physio treatment.
- Access to 1-1 and small group coaching (football and conditioning).
- Regular video analysis and individual player mentoring.
- Professional home matchday experiences (player announcements, changing room supplies, nutritionist-guided food and drink).
We’re lucky to have some New Zealand’s best, most passionate, and highly-qualified coaches supporting our senior women’s programme.
Asher Trotter (Ngati Ruanui) joined the Club with a vision to build a programme worthy of New Zealand’s top level of female football. Asher has nurtured the environment, its coaches and players over the past four years and has a great track record with only a few losses, too many wins, and a shelf full of silverware.
A big fan of smart, calculated, high intensity football, Asher’s teams are known for their methodical high press and well-structured organisation.
Asher is also Head Coach for the Maori Women’s National Team (Nga Wahine Whanapoikiri), and is a big advocate for female football across Aotearoa.
Qualification(s): OFC/NZF B License; OFC Coach Educator.
Tyler Agiovlassitis, originally from the USA, is one of the club’s most talented and passionate coaches. Working with both male and female players across all age groups as well as being a key player in the Men’s First Team, Tyler has a wealth of experience from here and abroad that he brings into his coaching.
Tyler has experience playing at a high level in the USA college system, in Spain and Australia, and has supported players in their development towards achieving scholarships in the USA.
Having worked closely with Asher for several years, Tyler is a big believer and supporter of the #CoastWomen programme, and joins the coaching staff in 2023 officially as our Development Coach overseeing the Reserves Team.
Qualification(s): OFC/NZF C License.
Current paralympic sprinter representing New Zealand at the highest levels, Mitch Joynt has years of experience across multiple sporting codes at the highest level both domestically and internationally, and has recently been involved in coaching aspiring athletes too.
- Current NZ & Oceania record-holder in 100m, 200m and 400m Sprints
- 2019: 8th in 200m & 14th in 100m at World Para-Athletics Championship
- 2017: 16th at Snowboard World Cup
- 2011: World Junior Bowhunter Champion
Adam Frisby is our resident goalkeeper coach, having joined the #CoastWomen journey in 2021 and supporting the team to achieve an incredible unbeaten season with our First Team goalkeeper also achieving the most clean sheets (by far).
Adam brings high energy, fun and a lot of development to his sessions, and is a loyal supporter of the #CoastWomen vision and mission.
Qualification(s): OFC/NZF Goalkeeper C License (Pending Assessment).
Join an awesome squad with the best culture playing at the highest level
If you’d like to register your interest for 2023, use the form above.
We have an open door policy, where any player that shares the values of our team culture is more than welcome to trial during our open pre-season sessions. If you’d like to find out more about our squad, feel free to get in touch with the Head Coach any time.
Head Coach & Head of Women’s Football